How to Get a Work Visa for Australia?
Living and working in Australia is a dream for skilled workers and professionals around the world. With a growing economy, world-class infrastructure, good pay, and a high standard of living, Australia offers a new and happy life to every temporary or permanent migrant. To live and work in Australia, you need to apply and obtain a work visa.
Excel Migration is the preferred work visa consultant in Brisbane & Melbourne that guides on the entire process of applying for a work visa for Australia. We are a MARA registered consultancy licensed to provide application advice and consultancy services to onshore and offshore clients.
Types of Work Visas
You must apply under the correct category and subclass for your work visa. Incomplete or incorrectly filled applications and applying under the wrong category leads to a visa decline for eligible applicants.
The common types of temporary work visas for Australia are:
This work visa is designed to address skill shortage in the Australian labor market. The sponsoring business must be registered with the Department of Home Affairs or apply and get approval before sponsoring eligible overseas employees. The company can sponsor employees under this visa for up to 4 years. The applicant’s occupation must be on MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) or the STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List).
You can apply for this visa if you have an employee sponsoring you for a work visa. You can apply for a full-time role that is an ongoing position for the next 2 years. Your occupation must be on the skilled occupation list.. The employer can nominate you under the temporary stream, direct entry stream, or labour agreement stream.
Eligibility for Obtaining a Work Visa
These are the general eligibility guidelines that are applicable to work visa applicants for Australia.
- You must be under 50 years of age at the time of application unless exempted.
- Your occupation must be under MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) or the STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List).
- You must pass the competent English test unless exempted.
- You should have health and character clearance.
- You must have the required skills and experience of the occupation.
- You can get additional points if you have an Australian qualification from an Australian institute.
Process to Obtain a Work Visa or Permit
It is the general process for applying for a work visa for Australia. You may wish to check with our visa consultant for a detailed discussion on your work visa application and the complete details of the process specific to the category under which you are applying.
- Check your eligibility and the category under which you are applying.
- Your employee must provide you with sponsorship.
- You must apply within 6 months of receiving sponsorship.
- You should apply online with all the relevant information and documents.
- You must pay the visa fees.
- You should provide additional information or answer any queries of the Australian immigration department.
The quick and easy way to obtain any kind of Australian working visa is to contact experts. With more than 15 years of experience and hundreds of visa and PR applications, Excel Migration is the renowned and respected leader in the visa consultancy space. We offer unmatched guidance and comprehensive work visa services to both businesses and individuals. Our highly trained, certified, licensed and experienced visa consultants and migration lawyers provide you with the personalised support and guidance you require to file a work visa application successfully. For guaranteed results and free consultation on your work visa application, call us on 0412 797 205.