Dependent Visa for Australia in Melbourne & Brisbane
A dependent visa for Australia helps you bring your loved ones to the country and reunite your family. There are various types of dependent visas that you can either apply for with your visa application or after you have come to Australia. Depending on the primary visa holder’s category, you can apply for a provisional or temporary visa or a permanent residency visa.
Here are some categories of dependent visas :
Student Dependent Visa
- Suppose you are an international student who has been accepted into a recognised university in Australia. In that case, you can file for a dependent visa application for your eligible family members like partner, spouse or dependent children below 18 years of age.
- You need to include their details in the application form if you want to apply for their visas along with your visa application.
- Your visa should have a 12-month validity period, and you must show proof of sufficient funds to cover their expenses during this period and adequate insurance cover.
- If you are applying for the dependent’s visa separately, you must include form 157A and form 919, a letter from ainstitute/university that has the details like the name and duration of your course and completion date.
- You must also include financial statements that show your ability to cover the cost of living, travel and stay of the dependents and medical insurance of the applicants.
- You need to submit proof of family relations, such as marriage or birth certificates. In the case of school-going children, you should include evidence of their school enrolment.
Work Visa Dependents
- If you are applying for an employer-sponsored or independent skilled worker visa, you can also apply for a dependent visa to include your partner, spouse, or dependent unmarried children.
- You can include your aged dependent relative’s visa along with your application.
- You need to provide financial documents that show your ability to support your dependent during their stay in Australia, along with appropriate medical insurance.
- The right to study or work for the dependents depends on the type of visa category and subclass.
- To check this and other details, you may contact our visa specialist.
Dependent Child Visa for Australia
- You can bring your dependent children to Australia with you on a child dependent visa. You can apply for your children’s visa along with your visa application.
- Suppose you are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. In that case, you can also sponsor your children to become permanent residents of Australia with a child visa – subclass 101.
- You may apply for a visa for your biological, step, or adopted child or the child of your partner or spouse.
- You must ensure supporting your children financially and cover their cost of living while in Australia.
- Their right to study or work depends on the category of visa you hold.
How to Apply for Dependent Visa & Eligibly Criteria?
You can either apply for a dependent visa for your eligible partner, spouse, children or aged relative along with your visa application or after your visa application has been approved. There are two types of dependent visas – temporary and permanent. Your dependent’s eligibility for a temporary or permanent visa depends on the type of visa – temporary or permanent that you have.
The eligibility criteria for a dependent visa are:
- Must have a valid passport.
- Must be related to the main visa holder or sponsor.
- The sponsor needs to submit proof of ability to support the dependent financially
- Adequate medical insurance
- Police and medical clearance
- Should not owe any debt to the Australian government
- The sponsor or main visa holder must be 18 years of age or older
- Both sponsor and the applicant need to sign and agree to abide by the Australian values statement
Best Visa Agent for Dependent Visa for Australia
Excel Migration is a registered visa and migration consultancy in Australia that offers you guidance and assistance in applying for a dependent visa. We offer you unmatched and best-in-class service with experienced visa consultants and migration agents.
These are a few of the reasons that have made us the visa consultancy of choice in Brisbane & Melbourne :
- Personalised services
- Honest assessment
- Guidance, assistance, and mentorship
- Regular updates
- High success rates
- Certified and licensed staff
- Affordable prices
The easiest way to applies for a dependent visa for Australia is by taking the help of experts. At Excel Migration, we understand how confusing, stressful, and complicated the visa process can be for you. Our experienced visa specialists are here to assist you with every aspect of your dependent visa application. They ensure that your application is flawless and with all required documents. We also liaison with the immigration department on your behalf for a timely and successful visa application outcome. For a free consultation with our visa and migration, experts call us on 0412 797 205.