What is 870 Visa?
The sponsored parent temporary visa (subclass 870) allows an eligible parent to stay for a long duration in Australia. It helps to reunite families and let the parents spend quality time with the children and grandchildren. The parents are not restricted to short visits and can stay up to 3-5 years with the child, an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. It also makes them eligible to apply for further visas for their stay in Australia for up to 10 years. Excel Migration in Melbourne & Brisbane can help you to apply for sponsored parent 870 visas.
Application Process for a Sponsored Parent Temporary Subclass 870 Visa
A parent can apply for a visa if they have an eligible child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and the child can provide sponsorship. The parent must apply for a visa within 6 months of approval of the sponsorship with all the relevant documents.
Eligibility for Sponsorship
The sponsor of an 870 visa must meet these conditions:
- Should be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must have a taxable income of AUD 83,454.80 or above.
- Should be the biological, adopted or stepchild of the applicant.
- Should be at least 18 years of age.
- Should have lived in Australia for at least 4 years.
- Should not have prior sponsorship obligations.
- Should not have any debts to the public health system or have the arrangement to pay the same.
Visa Eligibility for Applicants
- The applicant should be the biological, adoptive or stepparent of the parent sponsor.
- Should apply within 6 months of receiving sponsorship.
- Should have medical and police clearance.
- Should not have engaged in visa breach or misconduct.
- Should provide evidence of funds for stay and meeting the cost of living in Australia.
- Should have adequate medical insurance.
Balance of Family Test
Unlike the permanent parent visa, the applicant is not required to pass the balance of family test. It means that the majority of the children of an applicant need not be in Australia to apply and obtain this category of visa.
Visa Duration and Work Rights
It is a no-work visa. The parent cannot work in Australia while on this visa.
Processing Time for 870 Visa
This application is processed much faster compared to other categories of non-sponsored parent visa applications. While 70% of applications are processed within 4 months, 90% of all applications are processed within 6 months. However, the 870-visa processing time also depends on the number of applications lodged with the department and the time taken by the applicant to respond to any query of the department.
Validity of the Sponsorship
There are various conditions associated with the validity of this visa. The visa will be cancelled on account of the following:
- Cancellation of PR of the sponsor.
- Death of the sponsor.
- Withdrawal of sponsorship by the sponsor.
- If the visa application is not lodged within 6 months of sponsorship approval.
It is important to note that there should be no breach of visa conditions, such as the “no work” clause that could cancel the visa.
Best Visa Consultancy for 870 Visa in Brisbane & Melbourne
To get the best visa advice for your 870 visas, you can take the services of a qualified and licensed visa consultant in Brisbane & Melbourne. At Excel Migration, we have a staff of experienced and certified visa consultants and migration agents that offer you comprehensive guidance and support for applying for an 870 visa. We ensure that your application is error-free and is submitted with all required supporting documents. We also liaison with the immigration department on your behalf to ensure smooth and fast processing of your application.
To book a free consultation with an experienced visa consultant at Excel Migration, call us on 0412 797 205. We offer comprehensive visa consultancy with guaranteed results.