What is subclass 500 visa
Many people consider moving to Australia for their higher education because of their world-class universities and exceptional research facilities, including the job prospects during their education.
To study in Australia, the student will need first to receive an offer letter from a university in Australia, after which they can apply for a Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa. Excel Migration, based in Melbourne and Brisbane, has a team of skilled agents who can help you with the entire migration process. You can live in Australia for up to 5 years or during your course with this visa.
Student 500 Visa Requirements & Eligibility
These are the general eligibility conditions for an applicant applying for a student visa 500:
- You should enroll in a CRICOS registered course.
- You need to provide a CoE or Confirmation of Enrolment letter along with the application.
- You have to make welfare arrangements if your age is below 18 years.
- You have adequate health insurance cover for yourself and family members applying with you.
- You can show the financial arrangements to fund your tuition fee, cost of travel, and stay in Australia.
- You need to provide health and character clearance for yourself and your family members.
- You have not been declined or refused a visa in the past.
Benefits of a Student Visa Subclass 500
There are several benefits associated with a student visa 500; some of these are:
- You can live, study and work in Australia for five years or the full duration of the course.
- You can work up to 40 hours every fortnight.
- You can travel around Australia without restrictions.
- You are allowed multiple entries and exits from Australia.
- You can include your family members to join you in Australia while you are applying or later.
- Apply at least 6 weeks before the start of your course.
- Apply with all the relevant documents.
- Clear the English proficiency test and submit proof of the same.
- Must have an Overseas Student Health Cover or OSHC from an approved provider.
- Include the name of every family member who may accompany you to Australia or may join you later.
- Have proof of admission or confirmation of enrolment letter with details of course and duration.
Check the document checklist tool for details of the documents you need to provide along with your application or consult our visa expert. Incorrectly filled, incomplete applications, and missing documents are the primary reasons for rejecting visa applications
Processing Time for Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)
The processing time of the application usually depends on the sector you are applying for and the completeness of your documents. For higher education, 75% of applications are processed by the immigration authorities within 29 days and 90% of applications in 42 days. For the training sector and vocational education, 75% of applications are processed in 43 days and 90% in 77 days. Please understand that these are general timelines only and not a mandatory processing time for the department.
Cost of Applying for a Student Visa (Subclass 500)
The cost of applying for a student visa 500 is AUD630 for the main applicant. The cost of visas for family applicants is separate for each applicant.
Best Student Visa 500 Consultancy in Melbourne & Brisbane
There are several benefits of hiring a visa consultant. The Australian visa and migration process is considered by most to be the toughest in the world. As an applicant, you have to ensure that your application is error-free and all supporting documents to obtain a visa. You may find this challenging to accomplish when preparing for your enrolment, studies, travel, and staying arrangements in Australia.
Excel Migration is the premier visa consultancy that makes the process of applying for a student visa subclass 500 a stress-free experience. We have experienced, licensed, and certified visa consultants who help you prepare and submit your visa application with all required documents. We also liaison with the immigration department on your behalf and keep you updated on your application status throughout. Book a free consultation on your student visa application with our expert on 0412 797 205. We offer guaranteed results and personalised services to every applicant.