Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Melbourne
The skilled independent visa, subclass 189, is a points-based visa system that allows you to live, work, and study in Australia without the need for sponsorship by a business, relative, or government agency. If you possess the in-demand skills, you can apply for this visa and base your score on the points system to obtain a visa. Excel Migration is one of the top migration and visa specialists in Melbourne that offers you complete support in applying for a skilled independent visa 189. This visa category also allows you to apply with your eligible family members and paves the way for permanent residency later.
While applying for a skilled independent visa, your occupation must be on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL), and you should get at least 65 points on the same. Based on this, you can apply for an expression of interest (EOI) through DHA’s Skill Select program. If you are eligible for a skilled independent visa subclass 189, you will be invited to apply for the same by immigration authorities. You must apply for a visa with all relevant documents within 60 days of receiving the invitation. If no invitation is received, then your EOI expires after two years.
Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa Requirements & Eligibility
You must meet the eligibility while applying for a skilled independent visa. These are:
- You should be under 45 years of age.
- A competent assessing authority should assess your skills.
- You should meet the medical and character requirements.
- You are required to achieve the specified score on your visa application.
- You should be proficient in at least competent English.
- You should score at least 50 in every component of PTE, 6 each in every test component of IELTS or an equivalent score in TOEFL, CAE, iBT& OET.
Benefits of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
There are several benefits associated with a skilled independent visa. Once this visa is granted, you can:
- Live, study and work in Australia permanently
- Become eligible for Australian citizenship
- Enrol in MEDICARE
- Multiple entries and exits from Australia
- Sponsor eligible relatives to come and live in Australia
If you meet the points criteria, then a skilled independent visa is amongst the best pathways for you to come and live in Australia permanently. It allows you to apply with your dependents and gives you access to home loans, social security systems and MEDICARE. Unlike some other visa types, you have the freedom to live in any city or part of the country and are not restricted to a regional territory. Additionally, you are not bound to work for a specific time with a particular employer as there is no employer sponsorship. You are also able to include your partner, spouse, dependent or step-children along with your visa application. However, you need to pay fees for each applicant.
In Collaboration With
Ashton, Holmes Institute, Southern University and more. We love to see our clients happy & make their migration easier with our collaboration partners.